The Pennsylvania Innocence Project works to change the criminal justice system to ensure that no innocent person gets convicted. But we can’t do it with our staff alone. To really make a difference in all or our lives, we need the help of everyone willing to give some time, write a letter, attend a hearing, or make some calls.
To help advance change in Pennsylvania, the Project created an online campaign to raise public awareness and provide support for needed legislative reforms. Act 4 Innocence in Pennsylvania uses Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to spread information about wrongful convictions and engage your friends in these critical matters. We also host monthly lunchtime Action Meetings in our office where volunteers write letters to media outlets and legislators in support of particular issues or legislation.
By taking part in Act 4 Innocence, you become an active member of the Innocence Movement and strengthen the voice for the convicted innocent. Take an active role in the campaign by
- Liking the Project on Facebook and agreeing to Like, Share, and Comment on the posts there
- Following the Project on Twitter (“@innocencepa”)
• Retweeting our posts
• Send out tweets with hashtag “#act4innocence” and tagging the Project (“@innocencepa”)
- Producing videos with us to use on our YouTube account and in promotional online materials
- Hosting a community public education event at your religious institution or with your community organization
- Attending monthly-held Action Meetings that focus on a particular issue or piece of legislation
To join our campaign, click below to join our mailing list to get updates and Action Alerts. Then explore this site to learn how you can build the Act 4 Innocence in Pennsylvania campaign.